Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Active Wear LOL!

The south eastern part of the USA is sure full of health conscious people.  Everywhere I go, folks are all dressed up in active wear. They wear their workout, running, walking and whatever else attire to the grocery store, outlet mall, bank and even to the park, where they are actually using it for its predetermined function.

I enjoy looking at these outfits.  Some are very sleek and flattering.  Some of them are very colorful and even come with matching shoes.  Gone are the days of the original baggy sweat pants since everyone seems to have bought into the idea that Spandex is king.  I figure if they are comfortable, that is all that matters.  Since I do not own any active wear and I'm one of those people who likes to get up, get dressed and then do whatever else the day calls for, I just wear my street clothes, blue jeans and a shirt, to the park.  On the days that the weather is a bit cool, I don an extra large red hooded sweatshirt, that my husband received as a gag gift, that reads on the front, in huge letters,  "HERE FOR THE BEER" and go along my merry way.  Folks are nice here and everyone smiles when I meet them on the path.

Living in a large metropolis is so much different than a village of 1200 souls.  In the village, it is possible to go to the Post Office and not see anyone.  In the city, there are people everywhere and people watching can be a fun and interesting experience.  In internet and texting jargon, LOL means 'laughing out loud'. When we arrived in this area north of Atlanta, Georgia, the letters took on new meaning.  I believed I had been cast into the Land of Leggings.  If the people do not have on active wear, they have on leggings.  Maybe I did not pay attention before, but I sure do not remember seeing so many of them in N.C.  It seems that leggings' original intent were to be worn with a top that was long enough to cover the derriere  portion of the human body.  If that was actually legging etiquette, it has long been forgotten.  I shan't even go into detail about some of the leggings faux pas I have encountered.  I just have to believe they forgot to check out the full length mirror before they left the house.   Maybe they are just so comfy, folks forget they have them on when they head out the door.  One thing is for sure, they are for any age and any size and it's not my place to judge what folks wear.  I just leave mine in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment