Monday, February 27, 2017

Why I Quit

It's going on nearly four months since I quit.  It was about the same time I gave up the cigarettes and shortly after the last presidential election. 

I stopped watching the news.

The reason I stopped was twofold.  One, there is rarely anything on the news that isn't negative or down right gory and two, I was tired of being lied to.

Lied to?  I thought so.  I had my suspicions a long time ago, but the event that made for my decision to quit, was the day after the election.  I had watched the news the night of the election, wondering what the outcome would be.  It was getting late when the smiling, from ear to ear, anchor persons looked into the camera and told me, to my face, that Clinton had taken Florida.  Not being up to date on just how the electoral college votes apply, I figured since they were all happy, Florida must be one of the big ones to win.  I sighed and went to bed, wondering what the future held.

I woke early the next morning and before I got out of bed, I sent a text to my Texas friends inquiring who the winner was.  I knew they would have watched the results until the very end. "Trump" was the replying text.  I thought they were fooling me.  With a little investigation, I discovered President Trump had taken the entire 29 electoral votes in Florida.

The next time I tuned in to see what was going on, all the smiling faces were gone and folks were mad as hell.  As far as I can tell, they still are and have been taking to the streets in all forms of protests and odd attire.

If I could ask those who are so bent out of shape a few questions, it would be these....... Why are you so mad about him winning?  Why is your anger directed at him?  Why aren't you mad at the agencies who told you he would not win? Where is your anger at the news for telling you that the things you have applauded as progress, were, in actuality, only progress for a very minuscule percentage of the population.  Where were you getting all of your information?Was 50% of it from watching the news? 60%?  90%?  Did they tell you the absolute truth, or did they tell you what they wanted you to hear?  Or, what you wanted to hear?  If they were telling you one thing and something completely different was really going on, why is that?

My answer would be, because most of the prime time news agencies are corporate owned,  we are told what they want us to know and nothing more.  We are swept up into a frenzy, while other things, far more important things, go on in the background.  I wonder, if the grid were to go down and things got real ugly, real fast, who would be the first to suffer from it?  It seems to me, the ones standing in the streets would be the easiest to find.  They think they are protesting for a cause, but whose bidding are they really doing?  Believe it or not, back in the late 1950's to the early 60's there was a program developed by J. Edgar Hoover called Cointelpro.  It's main purpose was to send undercover F.B.I. agents into groups that were trying to bring about positive social changes.  These agents would then radicalize the members and push them to violence.  When this occurred,  the groups' mission was totally lost and they were made to look like a bunch of thugs, intent on destroying the American way........and it worked.  Does any of that sound familiar with what is going on today?

It really does not matter who sits in the White House, although, Clinton would have been a much more manageable puppet, because there is a higher force in control.  If you do not believe that, I will close with three quotes and you are free (for now) to come to your own conclusion.  

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society.  Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.  We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of."                   -Edward Bernays ("the father of public relations") Propaganda, 1928

"It is ironic that the U.S. would begin a devastating war, allegedly in search of weapons of mass destruction, when the most worrisome developments in this field are occurring in your own backyard.  It is ironic that the U.S. should be fighting monstrously expensive wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, allegedly to bring democracy to those countries, when it itself can no longer claim to be called a democracy, when trillions, and I mean thousands of billions of dollars have been spent on projects about which both the Congress and the Commander in Chief have been kept deliberately in the dark."     Former Minister of National Defense, Canada, Paul Hellyer

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately.  Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something.  They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."  From the book, The New Freedom, Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States.

I was told recently, that I will not live to see the disclosure of this kind of information.  That made me rather sad, because I would love nothing better than to see this information come into the light of day, in my lifetime.  But, I will gather my grandchildren around the campfire and tell them the tales......tales that will one day, be their truth.

(All quotes taken from an article titled, "Who Sits Above Trump?" collective-evolution.com  February 9, 2017.)






No comments:

Post a Comment